Sunday 9 July 2017

Road Trip Part 2 || Port Dickson

Made some minor changes to the blog's design! What do you think?

So, I am back in Malaysia after a hectic nine-month-study in the UK and completed Year 1 of  my degree! Coming back never felt this good, especially when you were away from all your loved ones. People say that you will learn how to be more independent when you pursue your studies overseas. However, one more thing I find more valuable than that; you learn how to appreciate every single one and all the little things that you have back home. These days, even a simple meal with my small family makes me count my blessings. Being present while they converse, all those good old topics; be it the new television series we watch every night, the starting of weight loss journey with Mom (which never happens), how Bryan's acting skills still suck, or what we should do over the weekends at The Ngim's- all these are meaningful to me now. Am I the only one? Having to fly back to London two months later and leaving them again, I realised unhappiness is a completely waste of time, totally worthless. I'm not saying it can be avoided since that's how life is, but that feeling should go into the bin. 

It's easier said than done. But you, stay strong and hang in there. 

A week after I touched down, I headed to Port Dickson with Paku and Siyo. In case you're wondering, those are nicknames. God knows how long we planned for this road trip, ever since two years back I think. We were in PD for three days and two nights. That morning itself I was really excited until I realised this girl still has a pile of work to be done during the trip. God knows (again) how much I appreciate her sacrifice and love for her best friends. Seriously what did I do to deserve this bij? Alright, so we drove all the way to The Royal Yacht Club Port Dickson  and settled down in our room, which settings are quite dim but it was spacious and comfortable enough for a group of friends! It was just RM 90 per night. Next to the club, they have a private beach and a small island to be toured. We started with a late lunch where one of the food we shared was this heavenly-looking Carbonara. Then, we headed to the beach! And as usual, these two would only play while I kept asking them for shots as I brought my camera with me. But I admit I was too afraid to go near the mini crabs HAHAHA. After two hours of doing Boomerangs, playing with waves, frisbee and a long walk at the seashores, we got back to our room to recharge. Under the scorching hot weather, I was already two shades darker 😅


Watching sunsets has always been one of the things I find therapeutic especially when you are with your best friends! Right next to the beach, there was a wooden bridge leading us to a small mangrove island called Pulau Burong. While walking, you can find pavilions in the middle of the bridge (which I think they're for picnic purpose), then a viewing tower located ten minutes away if you walk straight and turn left. Further down, we have another rocky beach which is perfect for sunsets! At first I was reluctant to go down with slippers due to the uneven surface but Paku said I was missing out on good shots- and she was right. THE VIEW IS MAGNIFICENT. The pictures below say it all. No filters, just natural lighting, rocky shores and silhouettes. Phew, so worth it. These friends suck in handling cameras by the way hahaha, luckily they took some good shots of me, if they hadn't I would be sulking over this until now. Got to thank Paku for bringing us here seriously.

A glimpse of the sunset!
So that's all for Day One. After our shower, we went down to the club's restaurant/ bar and had our dinner. They have a live band with plays all the romantic sad songs, at least during that night, but guess who's a lover of sad music? The food there (Fish n' Chips!) is great so far. Here is a glance at our club room.


The second day started with these two having a mini concert. Just so you know, Paku is really good in singing while playing the ukelele. Siyo can just, maintain as a background singer kelefe. After checking in to our second hotel which is called the Avillion Admiral Cove (RM 217 per night), we headed to PD Waterfront for our brunch. So so hungry we finished the food in one go. We spent the whole afternoon sauntering around the resort, went to the beach again and did some cycling too. During the night time, we drove to PD Waterfront again to do our groceries shopping and bought a PILE of snacks. What were we thinking?! 

I was quite surprised PD Waterfront has almost everything. When I say everything, I mean all the different types restaurants (Mamak, fast food, Korean, Western), cafes and convenience stores. There were many people hanging out at the coastal walk, blowing huge bubbles for RM 5 per bucket of soap. Damn, I wish we were still kids. But that doesn't mean we could not enjoy it *smirk*. Bubbles session was fun while it lasted. I laughed way more than I should. We even had tuna and biscuits by the seaside. Romantic-nya. I don't know whose idea was it that we ate cup noodles and snacks for dinner at 11 pm oh my god. More snacks for supper + TV + halfway falling asleep on the bed. 

Avillion Admiral Cove Hotel Room
Sun-kissed hair.

The next morning, we woke up at six am for hotel's breakfast. Actually it was 5:30 because this girl's alarm was set at 5:30 for 'some' reason. I ended up waking up instead of her 😒 Anyway I sneaked in for breakfast again! As there were only two tickets and it doesn't make sense if I did not right? HAHAHA, apparently who doesn't do it. Bad news, the food was a big thumbs down. Perhaps, the worst breakfast I ever had in a hotel. 

After wandering around the resort for a short while (in matching clothes!), we checked out and headed to the public beach. During the journey back home, blasting music in the car while driving down the highway seems like the perfect ending to a road trip. Us singing along to those classic One Direction songs reminded me so much of high school. We used to do that between lessons in class all the time. Thanks for making this road trip happened guys :') 


P.S. Do you think I should post a short vlog on this? Stay tuned for the next travel diary! Thank you for reading :)



4 comments:

  1. The long awaited blog update is finally here omg ✨

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow you're damn fast it was just a minute ago! TT Thanks for supporting jiejie ♥

      Delete
  2. And yes pls do update as many posts as you are able to 😜

    ReplyDelete